I’m so glad it is the weekend! Weekends always make me the most happy, since I’m always going out to eat, going shopping, or doing something outside. October probably has to be one of my favorite months, since it officially the beginning of the fall season. However, Kentucky should tell Mother Nature that, since it’s still pretty hot here – it’s in the 80s and almost 90s!
Last weekend, my husband and about twelve of our friends took our biannual trip to Tennessee to ride our side-by-sides. Usually we go to a place called Brimstone in Huntsville, Tennessee for their Paragon event. This year, we decided to go to some place we had never been before. We spent four days at Ride Royal Blue, which is nearby Brimstone (about 30 minutes away) but in Pioneer, Tennessee. We absolutely loved it! Everyone was in cabin, which was a huge plus – no tents! The cabins just had beds and power, but a bathroom was a short walk away and we didn’t have to go outside or use porta potties. HOLLA! The scenery was beautiful and overlooked a small lake with some ducks, swans, and goats! If you really know me really well, then you know I love goats (The night before we left, I even did a goat yoga class!) Plus, there was a lodge that served a Southern style breakfast! The trails were awesome and not crowded at all, which made it perfect for riding!
I’m really hoping it doesn’t rain and hopefully cools off some this weekend, because I want to go to the apple orchard this weekend! It’s such a quintessential fall activity!
Weekend Reading: Volume I
1. My friend Summer did a great post on How To Make Blog Friends!
2. I’m not really a huge fan of pumpkin things, but these pumpkin recipes are guaranteed to put you in the mood for fall!
3. Do you love Target? How about Chrissy Teigen? Well, they teamed up together and here are the best finds under $30 from her new line!
4. A beautiful piece about not worrying about fitting in anymore.
5. I always look forward to a new episode of Zack Morris is Trash every Friday. They are so hilarious!
6. The quintessential Southern girl, Reese Witherspoon released a book back in September called, Whiskey in a Teacup: What Growing Up in the South Taught Me About Life, Love, and Baking Biscuits. Whiskey in a Teacup is a Southern lifestyle guide packed with recipes, entertaining tips, and personal stories.
7. I’m a huge lover of dogs, so it was great to see this couple take in over 900 strays at their no-kill sanctuary in Costa Rica.
8. Such a fun post –10 everyday things you didn’t know were invented by Southerners.
9. So proud of my Wildcats for beating Florida on September 15, Mississippi State on September 22, and South Carolina on September 28. We became ranked #17 for college football (as of September 23, 2018) and was 4-0 for the first time since 2008 and 2-0 in the SEC for the first time since 1977. Since then, we moved up to #13 (5-0 and 3-0 in the SEC). The ranking marks Kentucky’s highest spot in the poll since Oct. 21, 2007. Hopefully, today we will beat Texas A&M and still be undefeated!
10. Fall is one of my favorite seasons and these 31 recipes from Pillsbury look delicious!
11. How adorable are these dogs getting free bagels?!?
12. I’m loving this Essie nail polish color. It’s perfect for fall!
13. My fabulous city of Lexington was named the most affordable city for an early retirement!
14. I think I may jump back on the headband trend!
15. This video of this parrot is way too cute for words!
Hope y’all have a great weekend!