Grits and Glam is occasionally gifted items to try and/or compensated in exchange for a post. Any collaborative post will be disclosed as a collaboration or partnership. Regardless of receiving a gifted item and/or compensation, my thoughts and reviews are 100% my own.
I’m sure us girls have noticed the cosmetics that are in the light green packaging while strolling through the makeup aisle at Target. If you have but aren’t sure what brand it is or you haven’t tried any of the products, then let me introduce you to Pixi Beauty by Petra.
I don’t know about you, but I can’t resist picking up a new lipstick or two every time I’m out shopping. I was super excited that I received the entire collection for Pixi’s MatteLast Liquid Lips. This product was a winner of Cosmopolitan UK’s Beauty Award. Pixi claims these lippies are hydrating with a long-lasting formula that sets perfectly to a matte veil finish.
Well, I put them to the test!
I was so excited to try out all of these colors. I’m usually a nude lip type of girl, but depending on my mood, I also love dark purples and reds. It seems that recently Pixi added five new colors to the collection; Berry Boost, Real Red, Orange Red, Peony Pink & Bare Beauty.
MatteLast Liquid Lip Colors:
- Berry Boost: a deep-hued berry lipstick that is dramatic, making the ultimate statement.
- Real Red: a true-to-color, richly pigmented red that is an absolute necessity for an evening out.
- Orange Red: a warm-toned red that enlivens your makeup!
- Peony Pink: a lovely pink that adds a beautiful touch of color to any look.
- Bare Beauty: a universally flattering neutral shade that is perfect for daytime or to balance out a dramatic, evening eye look!
Here is a list of their other shades:
- Pastel Petal
- Matte Beige
- Really Rose
- Au Naturelle
- Evening Rose
- Prettiest Pink
About Pixi Beauty:
Pixi Beauty was created by Petra Strand. Petra has over 20 years of experience as a makeup artist and product developer. Pixi Beauty was created over 15 years old and their flagship boutique was launched in Soho, London.
Pixi is sold at select Target stores and they have a wide variety of beauty products. They have everything from toners to nail polishes, to lipsticks to skincare. Pixi products are slightly more expensive than other drugstore brands. However, Pixi does use natural and non-toxic ingredients.
Pixi also doesn’t test on animals, nor do they have any other parties, such as suppliers that do animal testing on their behalf. That’s a win-win in my book!
- Extremely long-wearing & comfortable, infused with rosehip oil
- Quickly sets to a matte veil while leaving lips hydrated
- Colors are universally flattering and wearable
- Color applies smoothly and uniformly in a single stroke
- Unique PixiPetal applicator provides even and precise application
- Not tested on animals
- Paraben free
- Feels comfortable on the lips
- Moisturizing – I don’t think it’s very drying
- Seems to have colors for everyone
- Highly pigmented
- Long lasting
- Love the packaging – it’s so cute, sleek, and compact
- The applicator takes a little bit to get used to because of its shape
- If you aren’t careful, it bleeds really easily – you can end up with it on your teeth or around your mouth
- Sort of expensive for a liquid lipstick
- I wish there was more of a range of colors – maybe some darker browns, plums, or maybe even a darker red
My Final Thoughts on MatteLast Liquid Lip Colors
I absolutely adore the packaging and even though I said the price was sort of expensive for a liquid lipstick, $14 is still relatively affordable! You have to think – you are purchasing from a clean beauty brand! When purchasing a lip color, I usually prefer a liquid lipstick or liquid lip gloss, especially matte, so I knew I would enjoy these. For some reason and in my experience, I always feel that kind of formula goes on better in comparison to regular lipsticks.
Have you tried any Pixi Beauty’s Products?
Which shade is your favorite?